Here's How You Play

Hello everyone. This is a blog where I will put on a question. Your job is to read the question and put your opinion. It's that easy. Please feel free to answer in any way, shape, or form. I can't promise that your opinion won't be laughed at because someone's will be. I will try to blog regularly. PS - Please keep the language clean.

Monday, March 26, 2007

eternal life?

What is your veiw on eternal life? Doesn't it seem kinda well...boring? Don't get me wrong I would love to spend eternity with God, but when I die I kinda want to just die and be done. But, knowing I'll either go to heaven or hell I (MUCH) prefer heaven.

6 comments:

kyrieanna said...

i don't like thinking about it too long. i don't want it to end but i don't want to go on forever and ever and ever--no ending? what?

but i know i have a very limited human mind. i can't fathom a world that doesn't have endings

Pax said...

lol, agreed

Sienna said...

yeah. eternity has always scared me... but i try to remind myself that i really just can't understand it.

-sienna

Damien said...

pax, jesus says that this is eternal life: to know god (john 17:3). the idea that i don't want to go on living forever is really the same as saying i don't know god that well. eternity is beyond our grasp, but we were made to love and enjoy god. that's our chief end. as we grow closer to god, our longing to be with him forever will increase. "no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what god has prepared for those who love him."
1 corinthians 2:9

Anonymous said...

We think of heaven as no more work, an eternal rest, but really in heaven work returns to its proper glory. No more thorns and briers choking the ground. Significance will not elude us amongst the weeds.

I think of this as I try to accomplish what seems fundamentally futile. But does it matter what I accomplish now if I do every small thing as though it mattered anyway?

linnea said...

"Truly, today you will be with me in paradise."

I'm looking forward to worshiping Jesus forever.